School News View All News »
LHS Seniors Win Regional Scholastic Art & Writing Awards
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Eight Liverpool High School seniors recently received regional honors as part of the 2017 Scholastic Art & Writing Awards. Students taking Writing Workshop 3 with LHS English teacher Kelly Frantz were given the opportunity to submit either an individual piece or a writing portfolio (consisting of four pieces) for consideration.
Receiving honors were:
- Amanda Broedel: honorable mention for her humor piece
- Hannah Huang: honorable mention for her dramatic script * Lena Huynh: gold key for her humor piece
- Natalie Morse: honorable mention for her flash fiction, honorable mention for her science fiction/fantasy piece and gold key for her humor piece
- Madison Murabito: honorable mention for her humor piece
- Nicholas Northrup: gold key for his dramatic script * Emily Rhody: silver key for her flash fiction
- Kyra Sobiegraj: honorable mention for her flash fiction
Gold key winners will have their work submitted to the national competition.
The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards are presented by the Alliance for Young Artists & Writers, a non-profit organization whose mission is to recognize students with exceptional artistic and literary talent.