School News View All News »
LHS DECA Club Students Qualify for State Competition
Monday, January 8, 2018
The Liverpool High School DECA Club recently competed during the annual DECA Regional Qualifying Competition at Le Moyne College, and 13 club members have now qualified for the state competition.
Students were asked to take a 100 multi-question test as well as presented with a business problem to solve before a judge. Earning awards were:
- Seniors Jacob Proctor and Amandeep Sekhon: Business Law and Ethics Team Decision Making (fourth place)
- Juniors Ryan Blowers and Enrique Valencia: Hospitality Services Team Decision Making (first place)
- Juniors Meghan Roth and Ciara Conklin: Travel and Tourism Team Decision Making (fourth place)
- Seniors Azalea Baker and Claire Goetzke: Buying and Merchandising Team Decision Making (second place)
- Junior Luke Harder: Apparel and Accessories Marketing (fourth place)
- Junior Devin Dewane: Business Services Marketing (second place)
- Sophomore Adam Ritter: Food Marketing (fourth place)
- Senior Mike Fenner: Public Speaking (second place)
- Senior Daniel Chilbert: Sports and Entertainment Marketing (third place)
The New York State DECA competition will be held March 4 to 6 in Rochester. DECA is a student organization whose program of leadership and personal development is designed specifically for students interested in marketing, management and entrepreneurship.