School News View All News »
LHS Athletic Hall Seeks Nominations
Tuesday, January 30, 2018
The Liverpool High School Athletic Hall of Fame Committee is looking for Liverpool graduates who have distinguished themselves through their athletic achievements and contributions to the LHS athletic program. The LHS gymnasium lobby displays nearly 200 Hall of Fame plaques dating back to the first class of inductees in 1987.
This year’s ceremony continues a tradition of many years of formal inductions and is scheduled to take place on Sunday, June 3, 2018.
To be eligible, a candidate must:
- have attended Liverpool High School
- have participated in at least one varsity sport at LHS
- submit, or have submitted on their behalf, a written resume of his/her athletic achievements at LHS
- be at least five years out of high school (before the class of 2013)
These are four different categories for nomination:
- "OLD" TIMERS”... prior to 1966
- “MIDDLE ERA”... 1966 - 1990
- “PRESENT ERA”... from 1990- present
- “CONTRIBUTOR”... an outstanding contributor to athletic programs of LHS, either in coaching or other service related to Liverpool athletics. Coaches must be RETIRED TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR INDUCTION.
The Athletic Hall of Fame also will induct an exceptional LHS team. Nominees must have been a New York State Public High School Athletic Association champion and/or finished #1 in NYS as voted by the NYS Sportswriter Association (if there was no championship at the time of competition). Only one team per year will be inducted.
Nominations for induction will be taken until March 31, 2018. To download a nomination form, visit www.liverpool.k12.ny.us/athletichof. Nomination forms should be sent to:
Liverpool High School Athletic Department
4338 Wetzel Road
Liverpool, NY 13090
Once the nomination is submitted, the nominee remains eligible to be inducted for the next five years.